The Help You Need When Things Go Wrong
We understand that the effects of medical malpractice are often long-term and devastating. That is why we work hard to seek justice for our clients. Attorney and founder Thomas Staples has extensive experience with difficult and complex medical malpractice cases.
At Staples, Ellis + Associates, P.A., we work with doctors and nurses who review every case. They meet with clients to discuss medical issues and help us develop the technical aspects of our arguments. One of our associates is a lawyer and medical doctor who reviews cases and finds experts from medical schools across the country. You can be sure that we will treat your malpractice case with care and attention to detail.
Please call our Pensacola office at 850-696-0314 for a free consultation.
How Does Malpractice Happen?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical provider (doctor, surgeon, nurse or other health care professional) acts in a manner that deviates from the accepted standard of care in that medical community and causes harm. This can result in negligent treatment or errors, such as:
- Failure to diagnose: cancer, heart conditions, meningitis, stroke
- Surgical errors, including unnecessary surgery and failing to advise a patient of all potential risks
- Gallbladder surgery errors, including laparoscopic gallbladder surgery errors causing bile duct injuries
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication and prescription errors
- Emergency room errors and delays
- Birth and obstetrical injuries resulting in injuries to an infant or birth mother
- Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
This is only a partial list of medical malpractice examples. If your injury was caused by a different occurrence, contact us to discuss your case.
The Injuries May Be Severe
Malpractice can cause very serious injuries, including:
- Brain damage and spinal cord injuries
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Wrongful death
Not every bad outcome is the result of malpractice. However, if you believe you were the victim of medical malpractice, let's talk about your case.
How Can We Help You?
We serve people throughout Northwest Florida. We also take cases of military medical malpractice. Please call us at 850-696-0314 or send us an e-mail. There is no attorney fee if we do not recover compensation for you.